tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: adding features to Status servlet
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 16:44:00 GMT
Peter Lin wrote:
> to elaborate a bit more my thoughts on the kind of stats would be
> useful from a monitoring perspective
>
> * system load
> * system freeram
> * system total ram
> * system free ram
> * open connections
> * # of connections timed_wait
>
> I'm sure are other stats that are useful. A combination of the
> existing stats from the status servlet plus a few system stats should
> go a long way and make life a little bit easier.

For WINNT we can get:
IdleTime, KernelTime, UserTime for each CPU on the system.
Using NtQuerySystemInformation.

GlobalMemoryStatus:
dwMemoryLoad
   Approximate percentage of total physical memory that is in use.
dwTotalPhys
   Total size of physical memory, in bytes.
dwAvailPhys
   Size of physical memory available, in bytes.
dwTotalPageFile
   Size of the committed memory limit, in bytes.
dwAvailPageFile
   Size of available memory to commit, in bytes.
dwTotalVirtual
   Total size of the user mode portion of the virtual address space of
      the calling process, in bytes.
dwAvailVirtual
   Size of unreserved and uncommitted memory in the user mode portion of
  the virtual address space of the calling process, in bytes.

We can get handle count (will see if it can be filtered for
sockets only) for current process.

Mladen.