tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: adding features to Status servlet
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 14:55:44 GMT
Peter Lin wrote:
> that sounds great. does it have support for sysinfo?  if it does, I'll
> try using your apr-java package.

No, but it's up to us to decide what will go inside.
APR is included, but I wish to leave that as open as
it could be.
It already have win32.c,unix.c and netware.c files
for platform specific stuff that APR doesn't offer.
Having sysinfo sounds good to me. WIN32 has also good
performance data gathering, and I'm sure that Netware has
them too.
I also wish to include the OS specific things from
httpd like setting group, user, sending data to child
process, etc...

What matters is that we'll have a generic native component,
with well defined build and distribution specification.

Mladen.