tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject [Fwd: Please remove ALL REFERENCES to nagoya]
Date Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:04:04 GMT
Happy new year all.

I have fixed the remianing issues in the jakarta-tomcta-site module
(just need to update the live site) but I have a question about the
tomcat-docs that are taken from the releases.

What policy do we following for updating the on-line docs? Do they reflect:

- the latest stable release
- the latest release
- usually the latest release but can be updated from CVS HEAD if necessary
- something else

One further question for Remy/Yoav:

- tomcat-4.1-doc is symlinked to tomcat-4.1-doc-v4.1.31 but
tomcat-5.0-doc and tomcat-5.5-doc seem to be copies rather than
symlinks. Is there any particular reason for this? Is one way better
than the other and if so why?

Cheers,

Mark

-------- Original Message --------
From: Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com>

Folks,

Please review your site materials and fix any references ASAP.

As previously indicated, the machine name "nagoya" is going away in very
short order.  Projects should not have any references on their web sites to
any Apache machine names, only to domains such as issues, mail-archives,
etc.  Sites still referencing nagoya.apache.org will break.  Unfortunately,
due to the fragile nature of eyebrowse URLs, all of those URLs will break
regardless of domain name.

To make lives easier, I have located all current references to nagoya on the
ASF web-sites.  They are located in
http://www.apache.org/~noel/nagoya-references.txt.  If you are receiving
this e-mail, your project is on the list.

	--- Noel