tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: adding features to Status servlet
Date Sat, 01 Jan 2005 11:13:38 GMT
Peter Lin wrote:
> I'm thinking of adding system load stats to the status servlet. What
> do other's think about it? It would use JNI to call a native lib and
> it would only work on unix, but it would be good to have.

Well, I'm working over a year now on a project that I've called
apr-java. This is a thin (for now) wrapper around apr and apr-utils,
so it will be supported on all platforms the apr is.
Things like true shared memory, process mutexes, advanced networking,
pipes, etc. that are missing from the core Java will be supported.
Usages are many, like writing high-performance networking connector
for Tomcat, making Tomcat a Apache mpm-like server with multiple
JVMs, etc...

I hope I'll have a working start point this month, so we could discuss
is it worth the effort at all, would it fit inside JTC, commons, or
to go trough apache incubation as a separate project.

Mladen.