tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: IP issues
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:14:44 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Thomas" <markt@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 2:08 PM
Subject: Re: IP issues

http://mail-archives.eu.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200501.mbox/%3
cFB781920-6C08-11D9-BBF5-000D93324AD6@gbiv.com%3e
> for details.
>
> With this in mind we need to consider what, if anything, to do now. I
> see the following options:
>
> TC5
> - Need to populate o.a.c.util.CharsetMapperDefault.properties
> 1. Do nothing. Wait for patches to be submitted.
> 2. Re-instate the contents of the properties file based on Jason's
> previous class and include appropriate text in the NOTICE file.
> Something like:
> <notice>
> o.a.c.util.CharsetMapperDefault.properties is based on code originally
> written by Jason Hunter [jhunter@acm.org] as part of the book "Java
> Servlet Programming" (O'Reilly). See <a
> href="http://www.servlets.com/book">http://www.servlets.com/book</a> for
> more information. Used with permission under the Apache 1.1 license.
> </notice>
>
> TC4
> - Don't need to do anything
> 1. Do nothing
> 2. Port Remy's enhancements to o.a.c.util.CharsetMapper
>
> TC3
> - Uses o.a.t.util.http.LocalToCharSetMap which has been deleted
> 1. Re-instate the file.
> 2. Work around it as suggested in Bill's previous e-mail
>
> My own views are:
> TC 5 - option 2
> TC 4 - option 2
> TC 3 - option 1 (less effort for us)

Nobody follows the j-t commit messages I see ;-).  Option 2 has already been
implemented in j-t (or Gump would be nagging us about it by now :), so it is
now 2 that is less effort.  For Remy's peace of mind, option 1 was always to
re-instate the file in j-t (where it once lived long ago).