tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: adding features to Status servlet
Date Sat, 01 Jan 2005 01:54:06 GMT
As implementation - I assume you weren't going to add a native
method and a .so library to the standalone tomcat distribution :-)

Adding capability to StatusServlet to report arbitrary mbean attributes
would make this feature easy to add ( there is some code in
JmxProxyServlet - but it it would be much better if integrated and made
consistent with the status servlet ).

For the JNI + mbean implementation - it may be better to use a separate
component ( I don't see why it would be specific in any way to tomcat -
any jmx-based app could use this ). There are several other OS-specific
informations of interest ( including in Windows ), JMX is designed
exactly for this - to expose management info for different systems.

Costin