tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: Lost with sources in CVS
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:55:57 GMT

That's OK, don't feel bad asking questions ;)  And don't feel bad when
people say you're clueless if you say it's a mess ;)

For Tomcat 5, Tomcat's source is divided into several CVS modules.
These are jakarta-tomcat-5, jakarta-tomcat-catalina,
jakarta-tomcat-connectors, jakarta-tomcat-jasper, and

The last one in the previous list contains the Servlet API classes, so
if you want to change the HttpServletResponse interface, that's where
you would start.

The build script does checkouts as needed, both for Tomcat's own source
(the above CVS modules) and dependencies as listed in the file.  The checkouts don't use the CVS -C
switch, so they won't override any changes you've made.

As to your build directory question, you should try it instead of
ranting.  You'll find the build script fairly intelligent in not
removing your changes.  Of course, if you run the "clean" Ant target,
the directory will be cleaned out.

Yoav Shapira

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: