tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Derrick Koes" <Derrick_K...@skillsoft.com>
Subject JK2 logging with IIS
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:23:31 GMT

The documentation for setting up a logger for JK2 is below.  I've tried using logger.file
and logger.win32 for my IIS configuration, but no luck.  Can someone please send the right
configuration steps to configure JK2 logging with IIS?  I'm trying to locate a "bug" in JK
(not present in JK2) by comparing logs as a first step.  Maybe I have a registry setting missing.

Registry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\2.0]
"serverRoot"="C:\\jk2-connector"
"extensionUri"="/jakarta/isapi_redirector2.dll"
"workersFile"="C:\\jk2-connector\\conf\\workers2.properties"
"logLevel"="INFO"

Thanks,
Derrick

loggers

Any connector based on jk2, at least has a default logger, that can be reached using the "logger"
alias, the logger used is the more appropiate for the plataform/server combination, Apache2
under in any platform has logger.apache2 as default, IIS on his only platform uses logger.win32,
and Any apache 1 install uses logger.file as default.., the config file lets you change that
defaults, you can end using logger.file in IIs i.e

The properties shared by all loggers are: Property name Default Description
level INFO Text of the log level. Strings supported: EMERG, ERROR, INFO, DEBUG

logger.file

Property name Default Description
file ${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.log Log file. XXX you may be able to change this at runtime, to
implement rolling.

logger.win32

logger used in the IIS server by default, it ends at native Application Event Log.

logger.apache2

Logger used in Apache2 servers, it normally in ends in error.log