tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Derrick Koes" <Derrick_K...@skillsoft.com>
Subject RE: JK throws java.lang.NumberFormatException when JSP is not found.
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:19:25 GMT

I've been testing JK 1.2.7 beta 3 +.

For some reason, putting the jsessionid (URL rewriting) on the URL makes JK not deliver it
to Tomcat (get a new session from tomcat for every request).  Running the same web app with
JK2 does not exhibit the problem.  HttpServletRequest.isRequestedSessionIdFromURL() returns
true for the JK2 configuration, but false for the JK configuration.

I'm assuming it must be JK that decides to remove it from the URL (different URL rewriting
scheme?), but I suppose it *could* be a bug in Tomcat HttpServletRequest implementation.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Below is a sample URL.
http://dkoesxp/ilt/rd/b73d019ee9a5d0e5d43c2c64831b9f05/ilt/InstructorLedTraining.do;jsessionid=F63D242A6554BC9C5A2CF8D00D613F3F.dkoesxp:8009

The url rewriting part:

;jsessionid=F63D242A6554BC9C5A2CF8D00D613F3F.dkoesxp:8009

Thanks,
Derrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Allistair Crossley [mailto:Allistair.Crossley@QAS.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 5:07 PM
To: Tomcat Developers List; Tomcat Developers List
Subject: RE: JK throws java.lang.NumberFormatException when JSP is not found.

Hi,

Will add trace logging first thing tomorrow morning and let you know. I really don't want
to get a reputation for being imaginative you know ;) but this looked pretty much the direct
cause to me, but I being to doubt myself ;) The stack trace certainly is not my imagination,
I did afterall paste it into the email ;)

Will come back to you tomorrow, Cheers, Allistair.