tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject JSP changes cause web app reload in 5.5?
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:17:44 GMT
Hi Remy,

I have a quick question that I'd like to ask that I don't think anyone on the user list is
going to be able to answer ...

Myself and my developers have noticed that with our new 5.5 development Tomcats changes to
JSPs now cause Tomcat to reload our web applications.

This causes (because we're too keen to see changes) blank pages/broken responses and ThreadDeath
occasionally when we put immediate requests in to the pages.

It's not quite as nice during development to have to wait that extra short while for TC to
restart the whole container because of a JSP change, and it makes me worry about patching
production JSPs.

Is this expected behaviour? Perhaps the new JDT compiler? Can it be stopped without using
reloadable="false"? We don't use anti JAR locking either.

Cheers, Allistair