tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominik Drzewiecki" <drz...@post.pl>
Subject Re: [ANN] Jakarta Tomcat Connectors 1.2.7-beta-2 released
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 10:51:58 GMT
> The Apache Jakarta Tomcat team is proud to announce the immediate
> availability of Jakarta Tomcat Connectors 1.2.7-beta-2.
> The release contains a fixes to few compilation problems detected
> with JK-1.2.7-beta version. This release also introduces a new
> domain concept clustering support. See Bugzilla #32317 for details.

It'd be nice to see some binaries.
I know that building it is a snap on *almost* all platforms.
But there is also this Windows O/S, ya know, for which building requires
*non free* M$ VC 6.0.

> We expect it to be ratified as a Stable release when the vote takes
> place in the next two weeks.

I suppose that providing binaries only for those interested (subscribed to
tomcat-dev) would give jk better testing before it goes GA.
I suggest that the process should be similar to the tomcat release cycle,
which means that the announcement on tomcat-dev is accompanied by providing
sources/binaries in a well known place
http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-5/. Then the testing begins,
which is followed by voting and more public announcement afterwards.

cheers
/dd