tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <P...@ThoughtWorks.net>
Subject Embedded use : How to programmatically add a servlet instance.
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:09:15 GMT
I've been looking at Embedded, Context, StandardContext, Wrapper and
StandardWrapper and want a way participating in the instantiation of a
servlet.  i.e. ...

   context = embedded.createContext("fooContext");
   context.addServlet("barServlet", myServlet);

I know there are mechanisms for adding a servlet by classname, but it
seems logical to allow adding my instance if TC5 is allowed to be
embedded at all.  Is this feasable? Is there appetite for it?

Regards,

- Paul

--
ThoughtWorks - recruiting Java/.Net OSS* Architects/Developers worldwide
Speak to the ThoughtWorker(s) you know best/longest about ThoughtWorks..

* Also recruiting non-OSS developers, PMs, BAs, Agilists, Testers