tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JSP changes cause web app reload in 5.5?
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 22:55:41 GMT
Allistair Crossley wrote:

>Thinking about it harder, I can say with 85% surity that this started happening with around
5.5.4 (since I always upgrade our test server on the day of a new Tomcat release).

Sigh. Well, of course, it was "broken" with earlier builds, because in
some cases reloading was not initialized properly. I suppose you were in
one of these cases.

Turn on debug logging for the only class which triggers reloading (since
you have class reloading off, that's the o.a.c.startup.HostConfig
class). It will tell you what it's checking, and you should easily see
which watched resource has been updated (hint: it will not be a JSP).
It's not that difficult.

Rémy