tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Improving jk_uri_worker_map in mod_jk
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2004 15:07:36 GMT
Rainer Jung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while trying to improve parts of the mod_jk documentation I made some
> observations concerning mod_jk's jk/native/common/jk_uri_worker_map.c I
> wanted to discuss. I'm willing to provide patches but wanted to get some
> opinions first.

Major matching algorithm is longest context match or longest
suffix match. All others are considered as helpers, and are there
to do 'quick tests'. I agree that pattern and even possible future
regex matching has performance penalties, but those are not for
production support.

If one wishes to fine tune performance of mod_jk uri mappings it has
to get it hands dirty and add all mappings manually using longest match
routines, or simply use auto generated mappings.

> 3) Further there is a decision needed, which matches should be done case
> sensitive on Win32. At the moment matches are only done case insensitive
> in the case, when a suffix match is needed and the suffix starts with a
> '.'. Anything special about that case?

I agree, all win32 mappings should be case insensitive.

Mladen.