tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Annoyance in the deployer
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:10:35 GMT
Cox, Charlie wrote:

>It is annoying. I have a remote share on the network that is only static
>files and I had to convince someone to create a WEB-INF folder on that share
>and give them a nearly-empty web.xml. I would prefer to not have to maintain
>it.

I don't quite understand your setup, though. If you specify your context
to some path using a context file, then you shouldn't need a web.xml. Is
that what you are doing ?

I'm basing this on TC 5.5 (older TCs may or may not have different
limitations, so please use this version for testing), and my goal is to
improve the defaults if I can.

Rémy