tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilkka Heinonen" <ilkka.heino...@vtt.fi>
Subject How to create "project.xml" and use it in java-code
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:58:24 GMT
Hello everybody.

I use “project.xml” to make parametric settings for many project properties,
like JDBC-ODBC name for the project, Project name, project description, file
location path (if it was necessary to upload files), location of the project
logo image and etc.

To use “project.xml” was my own idea to make similar parametric settings as
Tomcat is using.

Now I want to have them in e.g.  %project%\WEB-INF\web.xml .  That is
automatically following in WAR or EAR deployment. That would be platform
independent way. How can I add into web.xml some values and how can I read
then in my java-code? I still use sometimes use Java servlets

 -Ilkka Heinonen-

ilkka.heinonen@vtt.fi