tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filipe Lautert <filipelaut...@celepar.pr.gov.br>
Subject tomcat stop listen but doesn't close pool
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 13:00:24 GMT

Hello,

I think it's a bug, but just want to confirm it with you:

I have an apllication that uses hibernate + jndi. it has a connection
pool with a postgresql server. When I run the shutdown scripts of tomcat
(shutdown.sh or catalina.sh stop), tomcat stop to listen at port 8080
but does not close the pool. The java process don't die. It stays alive,
but without listen at http port. Then, when i start again tomcat, it
opens a new pool and so on, till I have an out of memory in my machine
(because of the java processes that still alive) or I reach the maximum
number of connections of postgresql.

I'm wrong, or tomcat should free all resources it has and simply die
when I stop him?

I'm asking this because I have another tomcat that doesn't uses jndi and
when I run the shutdown scripts, the process ceases.

Thanks,

filipe