tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: JK throws java.lang.NumberFormatException when JSP is not found. (trace logging)
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:22:57 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Crossley@QAS.com>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 8:18 AM
Subject: RE: JK throws java.lang.NumberFormatException when JSP is not
found. (trace logging)

> Hi,
>
> OK, just generated it again, and taken more trace ... I can see this ERROR
>
> [Thu Dec 16 16:14:22 2004] [2196:1556] [error]
ajp_connection_tcp_get_message::jk_ajp_common.c (857): ERROR: can't receive
the response message from tomcat, network problems or tomcat is down
(127.0.0.1:8009), err=-1

> Tomcat is *not* down though ;)

The "tomcat is down" is IIS's response to Tomcat dropping the connection
after the exception.

It's strange that the 'bad' message and the 'good' retry message seem to be
identical (and perfectly valid AJP/1.3 packets).  Of course,  JK1.2.8-RC1
will send different packets now that Mladen has fixed header parsing, but
both forms are valid.  In particular, the Content-Length is the string "0".

I'd love to see the dump from the Tomcat side if you get a chance.

of this message and any attachments.

(unencrypted) e-mail.