tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: JK throws java.lang.NumberFormatException when JSP is not found. (trace logging)
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:38:13 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Crossley@QAS.com>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 6:22 AM
Subject: RE: JK throws java.lang.NumberFormatException when JSP is not
found. (trace logging)

> Hi Guys,
>
> Well I have trace logging on but there do not appear to be errors in the
> logs. You can clearly see from the timestamps on the logging below that
> the errors are linked to each other. As soon as I request a JSP that does
> not exist, e.g I request
>
> http://testserver/nosuchjsp.jsp
>
> I get the NumberFormatException in Tomcat stdout and I correctly get the
> standard Tomcat 404 error page.
>
> Does this trace logging help anymore?

After the 'processCallbacks status 2', Tomcat will drop the connection to
IIS, and certainly not continue with the request.  The Tomcat exception
should look like an error in the IIS logs.  The relevant part of the Jk log
is probably the part above this.

> Cheers, Allistair.

of this message and any attachments.

(unencrypted) e-mail.