tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Hans Verschoor" <han...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Lost with sources in CVS
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:40:55 GMT
Hi,

Ok, I'm a newbie in the Tomcat development area, but not in java or CVS, and I don't understand
anything of what's it like in Tomcat.
I downloaded the whole thing and ran the ant build. And now I find the same java sources in
"what the hell is this" locations, js152, j152, catalina, build or whatever.
I find sources in directory path's without the proper package, usually "tests", "Clock2" applets
or "contributions".
I will probably be my lesser understanding, but I have no idea how to work in these sources.
Which is the "real" source, will it be overwritten after an update and build (because I suspect
the build
directory is written out each time) ?
Could anyone for instance tell me where I have to work in sources if I want to make a change
in the
servlet response (I just want that and I will do it, no discussion please......)

I may be blunt, but TMHO the source and developmant environment is a mess .......
Sorry I have to say this

KR, Hans