tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat jars as Maven dependencies
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:24:59 GMT

>BTW how does the process of cutting a Tomcat release look like? Where
>are the scripts or is it done manually?

The Tomcat release process is partially automated.  There's a "release"
target in the main (CVS module jakarta-tomcat-5) Ant build file which
does the build, testing, and packaging of the release.  Then the release
manager signs (PGP) and checksums (MD5) the distributions, and places
them in the appropriate directories on

After giving it a while (I usually do 12 hours) for the mirrors to pick
up the distros, the release manager updates the jakarta downloads page
and makes the announcement to tomcat-dev, tomcat-user, pmc@jakarta.

Yoav Shapira

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: