tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Bug with contextInitialized using otherServletContext.getContext ?
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:04:23 GMT

Hi,

>The application (portlet-application) getting the contextInitialized()
>event is using another apps (the portals) ServletContext.getContext()
>obtain a reference to the portlet-applications ServletContext and fails
>because of the null return value.

Are both of these contexts configured with crossContext="true"?  That's
required for Tomcat's getContext() calls to return non-null values.
It's disabled by default for security.

>Vignette claims its a bug in tomcat (and says that Websphere and
>Weblogic return the "expected" reference).

There have been numerous instances in the past where Websphere and
Weblogic implementations of the Servlet Spec were less strict than
Tomcat's.  So the above by itself is not sufficient to make a case,
since the "expected" reference might not be correct according to the
Spec, but provided for convenience (or even as a bug).

However, first let's see if setting crossContext="true" brings the
behavior you desire.  I should have mentioned this in my first response.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com