tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Coyote Connector - Disabling compression for a specific servlet
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 16:20:05 GMT

Hi,
My take on it is that doing compression at the connector level is nice
from a performance perspective, but not from a portability perspective,
so I use a compression filter.  There are many freely available online.
Needless to say, with such a filter you can easily map it to whatever
specific servlets you want or don't want, and add whatever logic is
needed.  So I'm -0 on adding to the compression support in the
connector: if you need per-request stuff, use a filter.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com