tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Tomcat jars as Maven dependencies
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:54:09 GMT
Hi,

Where can I find Tomcat jars so that they can be used as Maven dependencies?

I'm working on running Apache Tomcat as a GBean (aka service) of Apache
Geronimo. Geronimo builds the gbean using the Tomcat jars declared as
Maven dependencies. Unfortunatelly, the jars ain't available anywhere so
when the newest version of Tomcat shows up the jars have to be placed in
my own repository at http://www.apache.org/~jlaskowski/maven.
Currently, Tomcat 5.5.4 seems to be running well, but a lot of things
need to be done yet (e.g. security, deployment to name a few)

There's already a place where the libs could be placed within ASF
infrastructure so that they would finally show up at iBiblio.org. The
missing piece is to place them over there.

I'd like to sort it out and get rid of yet another Maven repository in
Geronimo build (which slows down the build slightly).

What I'm asking for is to receive the project's permission to upload the
files to http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/tomcat/jars and work
on setting up a script to prepare SNAPSHOTs.

Regards,
Jacek