tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Steffan <a.stef...@s2neueinformatik.de>
Subject Re: Bug with contextInitialized using otherServletContext.getContext ?
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:16:10 GMT
Hallo Remy,

Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Andreas Steffan wrote:
>
>> suggest you go back to the list (I am unable to comment in a public
>> forum) and explain the issue correctly before claiming this.
>> ---
>

> Does their product suck as much as their company policies ? ;)

Sorry, can't comment on that one. ;)

>> To be honest, it does not change my positition that the portal relies
>> on non spec compliant behaviour of a container to get things working.
>> According to what you've said, I would call this non spec compliant
>> behaviour a bug in the portal.
>>
>> Would you please be so kind and make a final statement here ?
>

> No, I don't understand what the problem is, especially after reading the
> email.

Assuming you are referring to the Vignette employees statement:

I agree: I don't understand what their problem is. And I don't care
what their product does internally to get things working properly on a
supported platform (like tomcat 4.1.27).

 > So, sorry, you get the "regular" answer now: please submit a ready to
 > test set of WARs demonstrating the bad behavior.

Ok, I'll ask Vignette if we can provide you with their product and
our bug-demo application. ;)
--
regards,
Andreas