tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <>
Subject Re: Question about new mod_jk jk_lb_worker.c
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:15:48 GMT
Rainer Jung wrote:
> Unfortunately I don't understand. Trying to combine rotatelogs with
> mod_jk.log in the following way (apache 1.3):
> JkLogFile "|/home/jung/mkb/apache/bin/rotatelogs
> /home/jung/mkb/apache/logs/mod_jk.log 600"
> doesn't work. It does neither log, nor spawn a rotatelogs process.

Of course it doesn't.
As said: "The only reasonable solution is to use the 'native'
logging and then use rotatelogs program.".

It means that it'll need to be done to support the native logger like
JK2 does. Seems like 1.2.8 feature to me, cause it's a lot backporting.

That way the request logging will go to access.log and error logging
to error.log, and youl'll be able to use rotatelogs on them.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message