tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about new mod_jk jk_lb_worker.c
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:13:54 GMT
Rainer Jung wrote:
> I include my original posting.

Hi Rainer,

First of all thank you for ideas.
They are great!

> 1) Limiting new application sessions if load is to high.

There is a problem with that. I made a implementation counting the
number of busy childs/threads from scoreboard (took me entire day),
but again we should count the number of connections to tomcat, cause
the apache might be serving static content.
Anyhow the idea is great and I'll implement it in the new mod_proxy
for Apache 2.2 where we have extra slots in the scoreboard.
Sad but we can not do that inside mod_jk unless we implement our
own shared memory, that was prover to be bogus in jk2.

> 2) Multi-Cluster-Routing

Can you write some use case for that and perhaps some simple algo
too. What about sticky-sessions and forcing failower if we do not have
session replication?

> 3) Idle connection disconnect

Use worker mpm. We just can not make maintainer thread for
non-treaded mpm's like apache1.2 or prefork.

> 4) Open Problem
>
> I didn't check your new code, but at least before there was the problem,
> that a recovered worker that was offline a long time (in means of load)

This should work now with the latest patches.

Best regards,
Mladen.