tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/connector RequestFacade.java LocalStrings.properties
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 10:06:15 GMT
Jan Luehe wrote:

>Bill Barker wrote:
>

>In the case I was referring to, some project was storing a
>servlet request (facade) in a ThreadLocal and, due to a bug in their
>code, was hanging on to it beyond the request's lifetime. This was
>happening only under rare circumstances.

Great use case. And the talented programmer who coded that "thing"
couldn't figure out what the problem was quickly enough without a proper
error message, I assume ;)

>So in this case, the Request behind the facade was indeed null.

So now he'll get an error message saying "null request". Actually, it
sounds like one of these useless M$ error messages.

Lol and +1 for Bill's suggestion to change text to "if you're reading
this, you're a moron" :D

Rémy