tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11 Http11Processor.java
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2004 23:40:36 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <remm@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2004 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11
Http11Processor.java

>Bill Barker wrote:

>>> -1. I disagree with this change, sorry. We are going to keepalive in
>>> this case (anything which isn't a status drop, which is the whole
>>> point). The error flag can be set by a sendError, which could send any
>>> status code.
>>

>> You're vote would be more convincing if anything that you said was
>> actually true ;-).  We're note going to keepalive, and you can't set if
>> from sendError.
>
>It's not true ? Did I miss something ? The thing with sendError and not
>closing the connection is that often sendError is used to trigger pretty
>standard error pages.

This is the 'error' flag in Http11Processor.  It's set in various 'catch'
blocks, and for a couple of places where the request can't be parsed (mostly
the Host header and the Protocol).  In particular, it isn't visible to the
Response :).  Once it is set, it is never cleared, and being set causes the
Processor to drop out of the keep-alive loop.