tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: JK 1.2.6 and AJP problems
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:45:48 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mladen Turk" <mturk@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 4:43 AM
Subject: Re: JK 1.2.6 and AJP problems

> Henri Gomez wrote:
> >
> > The way to do it is to click on many URL for differents servlets
> > without waiting for response from previous click (something users does
> > but no benchs systems).
> >

> Have you noticed such behavior on TC4 or TC5. I mean, that might lead
> to the source of the problem.

The "problem" is with this old version of ChannelSocket.  When the UA
doesn't finish reading the response from Apache, mod_jk drops the connection
to Tomcat (ugly, but the AJP/1.3 protocol doesn't give it any other way to
tell Tomcat to stop processing the request and socket reconnection is
probably cheaper than reading and trashing a response that nobody wants :).