tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: jk 1.2.6 and Tomcat 3.3.2
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:40:15 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henri Gomez" <henri.gomez@gmail.com>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 11:55 PM
Subject: Re: jk 1.2.6 and Tomcat 3.3.2

> The code in 3.3.2 was :
>
> Nov 17, 2004 8:42:25 AM org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest invoke
> INFO: Unknown message 0
>
> in org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest :
>
>     public int invoke(Msg msg, MsgContext ep )
>         throws IOException
>     {
>         int type=msg.getByte();

>         default:
>             log.info("Unknown message " + type);
>         }
>
>         return OK;
>     }
>
> It seems we grab a byte from AJP link which is zero (0x00) but it's
> not a valid AJP command so there is something weird there. Any idea ?
> Mladen, JF, Bill ?

As I said, the ChannelSocket code for 3.3.2 is buggy.  The above is called
from line 653 of ChannelSocket by:

                MsgAjp endM = new MsgAjp();
                endM.reset();
                endM.appendByte((byte)HANDLE_THREAD_END);
                next.invoke(endM, ep);

which is wrong (and results in type == 0 :).  Back then, the JMX Request
registration was the responsibility of HandlerRequest.  This design proved
unworkable, so in CVS HEAD it is now the responsibility of Channel*.

However, without JMX enabled, the only thing that this bug does is to print
a message to the log :).  If you want to find out more about why the
connection is dropping, you'll probably have to log ChannelSocket at DEBUG
level.

> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:46:11 +0100, Henri Gomez <henri.gomez@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:09:44 -0800, Bill Barker <wbarker@wilshire.com>
wrote:

AJP
> > > connection anyway, and is attempting to unregister the Request with
JMX