tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JMX Remote connection
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 05:47:10 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Costin Manolache"
> <cmanolache@yahoo.com>

I thought JkMX only supports the "old style" connector - not the new
javax.management.remote, and since jk2.properties is being deprecated I
assumed JkMX will go as well, or at least move to a higher level.

The code in JkMX seems very specific to mx4j - and I couldn't get it
working with mx4j2.0, the package name changed ( mx4j.adapter.rmi ->
mx4j.remote.rmi ) and the mechanism didn't seem to work.

Can we at least add the JMXConnectionServerFactory as another special
case ? A separate webapp seemed cleaner.

Costin

>> I had a small class that hooked in the connector, and I now refactored
>> it to a webapp - nothing fancy ( it's not even "trusted" ), only loads
>> rmiregistry and the jmx connector. I can check it in if there's no other
>> mechanism, it's very helpfull ( especially with JDK1.4/MX4j - in 5.0
>> there are the cli options )
>>

>> Costin

> This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the intended
recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are
not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment.
If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then
delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

> In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through the Internet
(unencrypted) e-mail.