tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <henri.go...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JK Todo List
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:10:07 GMT
True, in ASF land as in other community, it's the users and
developpers base which make a solution/product successfull or
forgotten.

BTW, jk 1.2.x is allready very stable and should stay like this for now :

- JK 1.2.x is now on bug-fix only mode.

- AJP_PROXY/MOD_PROXY for Apache 2.1.x (built-in)

Should we start a new AJP/JK/whatever connector is another story which
has been debated this summer when we speak about mod_ajp.

We should first be very prudent since users may be puzzled by :

jk 1.2.x, jk 2.x, mod_webapp, ajp_proxy/mod_proxy, anewstufffwecouldimagine.

Since ajp_proxy/mod_proxy devel goes outside jakarta land, httpd-dev
and will be present only in Apache 2.1.x, may be there is a need for a
new piece of code for IIS/DOMINO/Apache1.3 or even Apache 2.x but we
should list the requested features missing in jk 1.2.x....

I suggest take a look about what was detailed in mod_ajp thread (July
2004) and see if a new consensus could appears.

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:21:44 -0700, Bill Barker <wbarker@wilshire.com> wrote:

> [...]
recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are
not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment.
If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then
delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

> In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through the Internet
(unencrypted) e-mail.