tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Two modest proposals about common\lib
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:39:22 GMT
I've been pondering something similar. (I just never got around to vocalizing
it) My preference is to introduce common/usr_lib (and server/usr_lib)(This
name is horrible, but you get the idea)

The usr_lib dirs would be in the same classloader as common/lib (or
server/lib) and would contain user specific jars. This way users would not
have to add/change jar files in common/lib when upgrades occur.

-Tim