tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/webapps/admin/valve accessLogValve.jsp remoteAddrValve.jsp remoteHostValve.jsp requestDumperValve.jsp singleSignOnValve.jsp valves.jsp
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:57:43 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:

>Using a normal StdContext is obviously easiest from a programming
>standpoint.  But my guess is that it would be special enough to cause
>headaches (e.g. You can have a DC under a Server, but a regular Context
>can't go there).
>
>I think that all that is really needed is the MBean to manage the
>"DefaultContext" file.  It can even be pretty dumb, since there currently
>isn't a good mechanism to attempt to propogate JMX-managed changes to the
>affected Contexts (so, just don't even try :).  The only real question would
>be how it integrates with Peter's new 'write server.xml' logic.

I mentioned using StandardContext since it has all the necessary fields
and methods for subcomponents. It's used as a JavaBean in that case: it
will not be added as a child of another container, inited, etc.

You can also use straight MBeans, but then you need to duplicate all the
methods and fields, and it's less flexible (which might be ok).

Rémy