tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JK Todo List
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:47:29 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
>> - Backport JNI from JK2 with lots improvements.
>

> I still don't see benefits in JNI as a transport for JK. Only trouble
> (no matter how I look at it, it seems like it would actually make the
> whole system much less robust) and complexity.
> Did I miss something ?

The JNI was not meant to be used for transport layer. Sorry for the
confusion. It will became a part of dynamic configuration, so that
we don't need to write everything in C. Still this is very early draft,
and it should be at the end of list, cause it might happened that it
simply won't work :).

MT.