tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: JMX Remote connection
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:58:08 GMT
In general the same-user, same-machine stuff works great (including with
Tomcat 5) if you specify

    -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote

as part of the command line.

This is without any special web app or such.

What I really want to see is a nice bit of code that allows you to fire
up a JMX RMI connector that:

    * Finds the first free port in a range (e.g. assuming you have a
      number of slave processes, this does not apply to Tomcat as it
      does not have such logic for it AJP port, etc).
    * Support user/password and SSL
    * Does not rely on implementation internals, i.e. requiring Java 5
      is fine, but having hooks into sun.* or MX4J or whatever classes
      is no good

--
Jess Holle