tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: JMX Remote connection
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:32:25 GMT
Dominik Drzewiecki wrote:

>> I couldn't get the attach to process thing to work, though (= without
>> a port). Is it supposed to be doable ?
> Neither have I (I am talking of tomcat running as Windows service). It
> seems that both processes : tomcat JVM and jconsole JVM have to be
> owned by the same user. Maybe that is the case with you? Hovewer,
> starting tomcat from my system account solves the problem.
> For more info see:
> <cut>
> Both jconsole and the application must by executed by the same user
> name. The management and monitoring system uses the operating system's
> file permissions.
> </cut>

I'm running both with the same usename on Windows, and it doesn't work.
Since it's Windows and I like to be able to do stuff, I of course run
with root privileges. Seems to me it would work on Unix, but is
currently broken on Windows (I use XP pro SP 2), or something. Over a
TCP port, it works good.

I couldn't find a comprehensive guide on all these nice system
properties, while there's tons of docs on the new command line commands.

If I use the service, which runs with the SYSTEM account, it of course
doesn't work any better ;)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message