tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Drzewiecki <drz...@post.pl>
Subject Re: JMX Remote connection
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 18:10:19 GMT

> I couldn't get the attach to process thing to work, though (= without a
> port). Is it supposed to be doable ?

Neither have I (I am talking of tomcat running as Windows service). It
seems that both processes : tomcat JVM and jconsole JVM have to be owned
by the same user. Maybe that is the case with you? Hovewer, starting
tomcat from my system account solves the problem.
For more info see:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/jconsole.html

<cut>
Both jconsole and the application must by executed by the same user
name. The management and monitoring system uses the operating system's
file permissions.
</cut>

This reminds me of the bug I noticed while I was trying to get it work.
It is impossible to select another account to run tomcat from within the
tomcat service control. Will report it in bugzilla in a jiffie ;)

cheers,
/dd