tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McGrady <>
Subject Re: Class Not Found on Occasion but Class Exists and is Usually Found
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 15:48:10 GMT
I have been given a simple war by Marc Guillemot <>
which replicates the problem almost every time on my development laptop,
which is a Compaq Presario 2500 with Windows XP Home running Tomcat 5.0
with Struts 1.2.  With Marc's agreement, I can send that along to you or
he can do so, whichever makes sense.

Michael McGrady

> Shapira, Yoav wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Does your CNFE (by the way, is it actually a CNFE or a
>> NoClassDefFoundError -- I think it's the latter, looking at the stack
>> trace, and the distinction is significant) occur when you've reloaded
>> your app?  In other words, if instead of reloading you restart Tomcat
>> each time to deploy a new version of your app, does this error go away?
>> I'm asking the above because it might be related to
>>, which has been
>> elusive.
>> What Tomcat version are you using?
>> Yoav Shapira
>> Millennium Research Informatics
> This is very interesting.  My experience is almost the same as the
> bug.  I also use frames.  It is NOT always the same frame with me.
> And, I do not use the ImgTag from Struts but have rolled my own.  I
> think that this is very interesting.  Something in ImgTag and frames
> is the problem, apparently.
> Michael McGrady

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: