tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/webapps/docs changelog.xml
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 23:23:19 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:

>It was on Peter's wish-list to add "managedResource" to the Realms.  This
>was taken from (I think :) StandardHost, where the code was so broken that
>it was impossible that anybody was using it, so waiting for
>"managedResource" to be added to the mbean-descriptor was reasonable.

I tested with removing the relevant blocks in the containers: it's not
really used.

>Except that "managedResource" is an internal-implementation artifact of c-m.
>There really isn't any point in getting rid of it before Remy's project to
>make c-m an optional component.

Really, I'm supposed to do that ? ;)

I don't think "managedResource" needs anything special: it's just a
standard attribute (and is a hack) that is declared in the
mbean-descriptors. Its name makes it sound like it's somehow magically
provided by the model MBean implementation, but it's not (it would be
very insecure to do so). I would be happier if we tried removing the
"managedResource", actually.

Rémy