tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Schwartz <alexander.schwa...@gmx.net>
Subject DeltaManager not supporting useDirtyFlag=false, suggesting safety-improved DeltaManager
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:59:49 GMT
Hi,

like Filip state on tomcat-user some time ago that DeltaManager doesn't
support the useDirtyFlag=false attribute.

http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg136306.html

I didn't find any documentation so I suggest (a) better documentation of
this fact, i.e. in server.xml, and (b) throwing an exception whenever
someone tries to use useDirtyFlag=false on DeltaManager, i.e. like this
in DeltaManager.java:

    public void setUseDirtyFlag(boolean useDirtyFlag) {
        if(useDirtyFlag == false) {
            throw new IllegalArgumentException("DeltaManager only
supports useDirtyFlag = true (yet). Maybe use
SimpleTcpReplicationManager instead.");
        }
        this.useDirtyFlag = useDirtyFlag;
    }