tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik - Dev" <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 5.5.3 Stability Rating
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:42:28 GMT
[ X ] Beta, it's getting closer to stable [what's missing?]

Unfortunately due to an acquisition I am jammed at work. Cluster features that previously
worked and need to be fixed:
1. Farm deployment

I haven't had time to check the other stuff, I know that 5.0.28 had problem with reloading
the context where it wouldn't assign a
cluster manager properly when reloading, this worked in 5.0.25,
it could be possible the same problem exists in 5.5

Filip

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 10:36 AM
Subject: [VOTE] 5.5.3 Stability Rating

Hi,
Tomcat 5.5.3 has been available for about a week now, so it's time for a
stability vote.  I tentatively rated it Alpha when releasing as my own
personal impression, but I haven't had any significant issues with it
myself.  It passes our internal tests, and with the StandardWrapper
hotfix it passes the Servlet and JSP TCKs.  So:

Tomcat 5.5.3 should be rated:
[ ] Alpha still, because ???
[ X ] Beta, it's getting closer to stable [what's missing?]
[ ] Stable, it's rock solid

My vote, as shown above, is for Beta.  What's missing from Stable
rating: StandardWrapper hotfix, a few minor features for the JDT
compiler that are done only for the Ant compiler, JDT compiler support
for J2SE 5.0, a few bells and whistles.

This vote will run for about 72 hours as usual.  Also as usual, only
committer votes are binding, but opinions from other readers are
welcome.  Thanks,

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

contain information that is confidential,
proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed, and may not be saved,
copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient,
please immediately delete this e-mail
from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.