tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Dean Hiller" <d...@xsoftware.biz>
Subject making building releases easier?
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2004 05:01:51 GMT
Is it possible to make building tomcat official releases easier.  Building from the cvs head
is cake, but building 4.1.30 is a 27 step process.

I basically wanted to change line 533 of PageContextImpl because I believe there is a bug
there(t is not reported at all to the user so the real root cause is still hidden from the
users).

There have been 20 posts around an issue with struts which I really believe is a possible
issue with struts but some minor changes to tomcat would probably make it extremely clear
what the problem is.

thanks for any info on this...ps.  I may have some time to do this work which means I would
have to figure out the 27 step process so I could make it more like 3-4 steps.
thanks,
dean