tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: classloader
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:03:21 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> In the same spirit, for better application server integration, I was
> thinking about abstracting the access to JMX features to make it
> pluggable. This deals with:
> - the model MBean implementation, assuming the alternate implementation
> has the same way of delegating MBeanRegistration to the resource, and is
> supplied appropriate descriptors for the bean types
> - access to the MBean server (which is hardcoded to use the default
> server at the moment)
> For example, in JBoss, this would (I hope ;) ) allow using XMBeans as
> the model MBeans implementation, replacing commons-modeler.

Yes, it's a good idea. It may be reasonably easy - probably you'll need
to convert the xml descriptors and few small code changes. It's good
because it will improve the integration.

But right now the loader doesn't have any JMX code, and I want to keep
it focused on just acting as a startup class loader - create the
common/server/shared "repositories" and launch catalina. The class
is used in jboss or jmx servers with similar capability - the loader
will just not be used ). The ability to load/unload modules is using the
same idea as in jboss/MLETs.

Costin