tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Stansberry" <b_stansbe...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/authenti cator SingleSignOn.java
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 05:47:03 GMT
>>I've restored the previous version. Maybe
>SessionEvent.getData() could have differentiated between session
>expiration and session invalidation, so we would not have to determine
>the cause of the SESSION_DESTROYED_EVENT by comparing
>getLastAccessedTime() and getMaxInactiveInterval()?

It would be great if SessionEvent.getData() could do that.  I looked into it
a bit and I think the problem would be Session.expire() doesn't take a
parameter that would allow calling code to indicate whether the expire call
is due to timeout or an HttpSession.invalidate() call by the application.  I
expect it would be easy enough to find a way around this for
StandardSession, but it would break for anyone who for some reason
implemented Session themselves :(

Thanks much!

Brian