tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Tomcat 5.5.2 Stability
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:13:47 GMT

Hi,

>I tought the decision was to have it targeted to JDK1.4 ?

The decision was not to require J2SE 5.0, that's true: you can run it on
JDK 1.4.  But since J2SE 5.0 is the default, out-of-the-box setup, I'd
be hesitant to have a stable 5.5 release before there's a final customer
shipment of J2SE 5.0.  Am I being too paranoid?  I'm also thinking back
to when we have Servlet Spec 2.4 PFD 3, and then a couple of small
tweaks before the final Servlet Spec 2.4 version.

Yoav