tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/xmlparser XMLEncodingDetector.java
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 08:56:10 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Is it a standalone class or something like this ? If it is -> copy
> paste into the Jasper code and remove the funky loading logic.
>
> (I thought JDK 1.5 was supposed to include the same Xerces 2 we were
> using - what happened ?)

Follow up: the Xerces packages got renamed to
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.*.

So we have two options, one which I like and one which I don't like:

a) Write a XercesJava5EncodingDetector class with the right classnames

b) As the 5 classes used by the XercesEncodingDetector are self
contained, we could copy them to the o.a.jasper.xmlparser package, so
that Jasper can be spec compliant even without Xerces installed, merge
the content of XercesEncodingDetector into XMLEncodingDetector, and
remove the dynamic loading of Xerces

Since I think it's not acceptable to require Xerces to be compliant, I
would choose b).

Rémy