tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McGrady <m...@michaelmcgrady.com>
Subject 505 Error and Tomcat 5.0
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:50:37 GMT
I have tried this question on the user list with no answers.  I hope
this is not inappropriate.  Thanks for any assistance.

I am using Tomcat 5.0 and Struts 1.1.  I also use a Filter that zips the
requests and responses.  I am running a chat room on port 80 with a
frameset html that auto refreshes in one frame and sends in another
frame.  When a user with IE tries to chat with me from her office, she
gets 505 messages.  I have recently changed the code on the pages.  I am
getting requests when she sends one, but they are old requests, with the
same chat lines she sent before.  Anyone know what is probably going on
here?  The Filter I use follows:

  public class GZIPFilter implements Filter {

    public void doFilter(ServletRequest req, ServletResponse res,
        FilterChain chain) throws IOException, ServletException {
      if (req instanceof HttpServletRequest) {
        HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest) req;
        HttpServletResponse response = (HttpServletResponse) res;
        String ae = request.getHeader("accept-encoding");
        if (ae != null && ae.indexOf("gzip") != -1) {
          GZIPResponseWrapper wrappedResponse = new
  GZIPResponseWrapper(response);
          chain.doFilter(req, wrappedResponse);
          wrappedResponse.finishResponse();
          return;
        }
        chain.doFilter(req, res);
      }
    }

    public void init(FilterConfig filterConfig) {
      // noop
    }

    public void destroy() {
      // noop