tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Wannamaker <>
Subject Version announcements
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 02:05:33 GMT
I have a question about the consensus of verion announcements.

My understanding/recollection of the process is to only announce release
canidates on tomcat-dev, then after some time a vote is taken on
a/b/stable, then the resulting version is announced via jakarta-announce
with the appropriate rating, and the web site was updated.

Lately the 5.x process seems to be to put release canidates on the
website and announce them on a variety of lists before a stability
rating vote is taken, cf

Was this a concious policy change or is it up to the whim of the RM?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message